Search & Browse Support
A quick search box is available at the top right of every page. A search returns a list of nephSAP issues and articles in order of relevance. A Quick Search will search across all content including Titles, Summaries, and Keywords. Users may then use filters to search within the results, refine their search further, or select just the content to which they have full text access.
The Advanced Search page can be used to build more complex searches and to search specific fields (e.g. Title or Author). In addition, users may use Boolean operators in both the Advanced and Quick Searches.
- Search allows use of Boolean operators (AND / OR / NOT)
- By default a search on a string of words will return results containing the individual words, e.g., nephrotic syndrome is the same as nephrotic AND syndrome
- To search for an exact phrase use ("), e.g., "nephrotic syndrome" returns only results with these two words together in this order - an exact text match of the phrase
- Use (*) as a wild card, e.g., nephro* will return searches containing nephrology, nephron, nephropathy, nephrosis, etc.; colo*r will return searches containing colour as well as color
- Basic algorithmic stemming is used to disregard some word endings, e.g., a search for city will automatically include cities. Users may then use filters to refine the search further or select content.